Thursday, April 24, 2008

Children's ANZAC Day Ceremony



On Wednesday the 24th April the 4/5B, 4/5R and 4/5J classes went to the special ANZAC Day Ceremony in the city. We caught the train to ANZAC Square where the ceremony was going to take place. We sat on the ground near the front and had our morning tea while we waited. The ceremony started with a bugle playing to announce the arrival of the Governor of Queensland, the Premier of Queensland and the Lord Mayor. We listened to speeches, sang "God Bless Australia", and the New Zealand and Australian National Anthems.
During the ceremony Jarod from our class and Victoria from 4/5B took a wreath up to the Eternal Flame and laid it on the ground. After that we had 1 minute silence and listened to the Last Post being played on the bugle.

4 comments:

nicks folio said...

WOW it looks fun to bad I was sick and did not get to go

NATHAN said...

hi I LIKE THE ANZAC DAY MIS R!!!!




FROM NATHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this post because it is explained so well


alanah

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is "Talia" and i went to the Anzac day parade and I think it is good to remember this day. Your blog is very good.