Friday, October 3, 2008

WHO IS THE MYSTERY ARTIST THIS TERM???

Hi Year 4 and 5, I hope you have all had a great holiday and you are all energized for our last term at school!!
I have created an Animoto for our new artist this term. I wonder if you can guess who he is? He is also another artist that I like. He has created a range of art work from paintings and sculptures to sketches and collage (paper cut outs). We will look mainly at his paper cut outs which he created when he was an older man. You could say that he drew with his scissors!!!
Leave a comment if you can guess who he is. A clue - he is a French artist!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi mrs Randall,

I think it might be Henri Matisse

From katie

Anonymous said...

To Mrs. R,

I looked on wikipedia and found the self-portrait that u put on the animoto and it is Henri Matisse. I also looked at his art and it looked really nice.

From Monica

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs R


Same with Katie I think it is Henri Matisse.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs R

I looked on the internet last night and the Artist I found was Henri Matisse

From Charlotte.E

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Randall,

I think that the mystery artist is Henri Matisse. I found a website for Henri Matisse and I am going to put a post on my blog about it and also the link.
Miyoko

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs R

The artist is a french man called Henri Matisse. He was born in 1869 and died in 1954. His art is really cool!

DJ

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs R,
I think it is Henri Matisse. He is French and his art is really cool I love how he uses really bright colours and it looks a bit like he sticks things down.



Olivia :)

Anonymous said...

I think it is well I have no idea but is it henri someone. From Hamish